In Windows 7/10 telnet client command line utility program is disable by default if you want to activate service you can do so using two methods 1. using CMD 2. using Control Panel. Telnet (teletype network) is a protocol meant for internet or LAN communication. it is mostly use for checking port is open or not , etc.
1. Enabling Telnet using Control Panel
- Open Run window using shortcut key (CTR + R) and type “control”
- Click on “Programs” Category
- Select “Program and Features” section .
- Click the “Turn Windows features on or off” link. You may asked for the Administrator password.
- Select “Telnet Client” and press OK .
2. Enabling Telnet using CMD (Command Line)
Open CMD (Command line) with Administrator Access and enter below command in CMD.
dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:TelnetClient
Congratulation you successfully activate your Telnet client in your Windows 7/10 System, Lets test Telnet Client.
Testing Telnet in Windows 10 System
- Open CMD and type telnet byraje.com 443 and press Enter key
We successfully telnet byraje.com on Port 443 which is HTTPS port.
Did I miss anything ?
Now I’d like to hear from you.
Which method you are going to use ?
Or maybe you know other method to enable Telnet .
Either way , Let me know by leaving a comment below right now .
If you like my post do share and for more post visit my BLOG page .